Whittier College Strength & Conditioning
Whittier College Strength and Conditioning is committed to administer a comprehensive, efficient and effective strength and conditioning program. We will be providing each student athlete with an innovative program to help prevent injury and to improve athletic performance.
Our goal is to maximize the athletic potential of each student-athlete by:
- Developing programs based on scientifically proven principles tailored to enhance each athletes needs.
- Incorporating Olympic lifts such as cleans, snatch, and jerks to improve explosiveness, power, and strength.
- Training the core, the core body is the center that coordinates all ground-based human movements.
- Incorporate stability and balance exercises that focus on intrinsic muscles groups to help decrease the risk of injury.
- Agility and speed exercises that help the athletes explosively break, change direction, accelerate, and decelerate.
- Improving range of motion through dynamic flexibility exercises.
Ultimately, Whittier student-athletes are expected to work hard to improve their athleticism. Positive attitudes and effort are what we ask them to bring. We expect our athletes to not only improve physically, but to also develop a passion for training that is equivalent to their hunger for competition.
Sergio Rojas - Strength & Conditioning Coordinator