- El Monte, Calif.
- High School:
- El Monte
Get to Know your Poet……….
Q: At what age did you begin doing track & field?
A: I found my passion for running from my 4th grade teacher
Q: What’s your favorite food(s)?
A: Pizza, Tacos, Fried Chicken, Spaghetti, Orange Chicken
Q: What’s your favorite music/band?
Q: What is your favorite quote?
A: "God has given me the ability. The rest is up to me" / "Believe, Believe, Believe" - Billy Mills
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: A Bugs Life
Q: Why did you choose Whittier College?
A: It felt like a place I could learn without boundaries
Q: What part of Whittier College track & field do you like the most?
A: My teammates make my Whittier College experience something I will always cherish the rest of my life
Q: Who is your favorite sports hero?
A: Billy Mills, Wilma Rudolph
Parents Names: Arcelia Sandoval
Siblings Names: Jose, Alandra, and Cassandra
Hometown: El Monte, Calif.
Previous School Attended: El Monte High School
- 2017 - Whittier College Athlete of the Year
- 2016 & 2017 - Cross Country Division III National Qualifier
- 2016 - SCIAC Runner of the Year
- 2016 - USTFCCCA All-Academic West Region
- 2015 - Mission Valley League 3200m Champion
- 2014 - MVL 3200m, 1600m, 800m Champion
- 2014 - MVL Cross Country Champion