- Faculty Liaison
James Irvine Foundation Chair in Biological Sciences
Department of Biology
B.Sc. with honors, Biology
Queen's University, Canada, 1995
University of Victoria, Canada, 2001
My teaching focuses on coursework exploring the anatomy and physiology of vertebrates. Course materials emphasize environmental adaptations and the relationship between structure and function.
My research focuses on understanding how organophosphate pesticide exposure influences neuronal development and its potential role in the development of neurodegenerative disease.
- Society for Neuroscience
- Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience
- American Physiological Society
- American Chemical Society
- Fradinger EA, Monien BH, Urbanc B, Lomakin A, Tan M, Li H, Spring SM, Condron MM, Cruz L, Xie CW, Benedek GB, and Bitan G. C-terminal peptides coassemble into Aβ42 oligomers and protect neurons against Aβ42-induced neurotoxicity. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 2008: Sep 16; 105(37):14175-80.
- Urbanc B, Betnel M, Cruz L, Li H, Fradinger E, Monien BH, and Bitan G. Structural basis for Aβ-42 toxcity inhibition by Aβ C-terminal fragments: discrete molecular dynamics study. J. Mol. Biol. 2011: July 8; 410(2): 316-328.
- Li H, Du Z, Lopes DH, Fradinger EA, Wang C, Bitan G. C-terminal tetrapeptides inhibit Aβ42-induced neurotoxicity bind primarily through specific interaction at the N-terminus of Aβ42. J. Med. Chem. 2011: Dec. 22; 54(24): 8451-8460.
- Garcia GX, Larsen S, Pye C, Galbreath M, Isovitsch R, and Fradinger EA. The functional group on (E)-4,4´-disubstituted stilbenes influences biological activity in PC-12 cells. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Letters 2013: Dec 1; 23(23): 6355-9
- Watson F, Schmidt H, Turman ZK, Hole N, Garcia H, Gregg J, Tilghman J, and Fradinger EA. Organophosphate pesticides induce morphological abnormalities and decreased locomotor activity and heart rate in Danio rerio and Xenopus laevis. Environ. Toxicol. and Chem. 2014: Jun; 33(6): 1337-45